The Light Novel Series is a "spin-off sequel" to Ojamajo Doremi that was first announced on September 5th through Kodansha Limited. It it based on the series created by Izumi Todo (Toei Animation), with the story written by series writer Midori Kuriyama (apart from 20's) and artwork by series character designer Yoshihiko Umakoshi. The novels come with illustrations, an interview with the voice actors and narration by Doremi.
Taking place 3 years after the events of Dokkan, the Ojamajos have grown up and are now in high school.
Dec 2nd, 2011
May 2nd, 2012
Nov 30th, 2012
Jul 2nd, 2013
Oct 2nd, 2013
Feb 28th, 2014
Sep 2nd, 2014
Jun 2nd, 2015
Dec 2nd, 2015
Oct 2nd, 2019
The possibility of an Anime Adaptation
The possibility of an anime adaptation has been a debated topic ever since the series was first announced. Many early rumors suggested that an anime adaptation would be released the following year, however, these turned out to be false as time went on.
With the release of the 8th novel, Toei producer Hiromi Seki expressed in an interview that she's wanted to make an anime adaptation for a while. However, she stated that the main issue preventing an anime is sales, revealing that there was a major fall in sales between the first two releases. If the sales for the series aren't high enough then the sponsors and higher-ups won't gather to fund the project. Hiromi concluded the interview by asking for everyone to show support.
Further news for an anime adaptation has yet to be heard...
- The art-style closely resembles Yoshihiko Umakoshi's more-recent works, such as Casshern Sins and Heartcatch Precure.
- On the cover of the first 3 novels, each girl makes hand gesture for the book number. Doremi pointed (1), Hazuki made a peace sign (2), and Aiko made a peace sign on one hand and pointed with the other (3).
- The ojamajo's high school uniforms pay resemblance to various uniforms they were shown wearing in official art. Some changes include:
- Doremi gained a plaid skirt while her knee-length socks are blue. She wears brown shoes.
- Hazuki's uniform is lighter in color, while the bow became thin and her skirt was altered.
- Aiko's uniform top was white instead of blue.
- Onpu's attire was given an entire redesign. Consisting of a chiffon top with green skirt and lining, white knee socks and a purple bow at the chest.
- The Sharp Uniforms were the only apprentice uniforms not to return in the novel series.
- It was officially said that the novels were made for the audience who grew up with the series and were now older.
- On July 5th, 2019, Kodansha announced that volumes 4 through 9 would be reprinted to commemorate the franchise's 20th anniversary.
- http://lanove.kodansha.co.jp/official/doremi16/ - Official website for the Ojamajo Doremi light novel series.
- https://lightnovelswithmisachan.wordpress.com/ojamajo/ - Unofficial English translation by Misa-chan.