- "I'm the world's most unluckiest pretty girl!"
- ―Doremi Harukaze
Doremi Harukaze (春風どれみ, Harukaze Doremi) is the main character of Ojamajo Doremi. She is an average, eight-year-old unlucky girl dealing with argumentative parents, a spiteful little sister, a lack of romance and terrible grades. But after a particularly foul day, she learns the owner of Misora's Magical Shop is really a witch.
Note: This is the anime only page; click here to view more information about Doremi in the light novel series.
Doremi has fair skin, mulberry eyes, and long red hair worn in large chignon buns held by rose pink scrunchies, one of which has a golden yellow music note clipped to it. Her bangs frame her forehead, with a bunch sticking up on the right. When loose, her hair lining matches her bangs.
Originally, Doremi wore a carnation pink T-shirt tucked into her loose, light pink denim shorts with a mauve tank-top on top. She also wore white and rose pink sneakers with a single line of magenta around the sole, and pale pink socks.
In Motto, Doremi began wearing a mauve zipped vest with a pocket over the same top, lilac shorts with pockets and belt. She kept her shoes the same and her socks became knee-socks.
Like any other shoujo anime main character, Doremi is a childish and simple-minded girl often regarded as "troublesome" by others. At times she can be selfish and highly immature, and she is easy to provoke much to their amusement. She can also be pushy and lazy, and she's known for her clumsiness. This has led to a lot of self-loathing on her part, and she struggles to find anything that she can do well or avoid earning a scolding. She is likely to get a bit jealous when she sees others do better than her with less experience.
However, one of Doremi's best qualities is her immensely kind heart. She is very friendly and will do what she can to help, even if she doesn't necessarily like the person. While this does make her appear nosy, she has also gained several friends because of her tenacity and involvement. She is determined, but also passionate and stubborn, and many find her positive and easy-going nature to be infectious.
Growing up, Doremi has struggled to be understood by others which caused her much frustration when they ridiculed her interest in magic. Not only is she a big eater, but she is boy-crazy and loves romantic things. She is also very emotional and expressive, and a bit shy when it comes to her feelings.
Doremi is the pink witch apprentice and the reason the term "ojamajo" was invented. Initially, she expressed concern over becoming a Witch Apprentice until she realized she could perform magic, and she soon convinced her friends Hazuki Fujiwara and Aiko Senoo to join her when she caught them spying on her.
Doremi is thought of as the leader and can get envious or concerned when others perform better. Her clumsiness really comes out when she attempts to cast spells and fly, and they rarely work as intended; usually, if she was hungry or flustered. At first, Doremi had a habit of making greedy spells due to her gluttonous nature.
She has a pink, bean-shaped crystal ball and her fairy is Dodo.
- Transformation: Pretty Witch Doremi-cchi!
- Spell: Pirika Pirilala Poporina Peperuto!
- Magical Stage: Pirika Pirilala, Nobiyaka ni!
- Royal Patraine: Pirika Patraine!
When Doremi was a little girl she was very curious about the world and enjoyed experiencing new things for the first time, usually getting into them without knowing any better. Her mother taught her how to play the piano, which ended in disaster after Doremi panicked and forgot how to play during a recital. But this event led to her first bite of steak and she became hooked soon after.
It was also said that Doremi as a child acted a lot like how Pop did at the start of the series. She tried to be mature and act like an adult, but she became jealous of Pop and did not like the attention she got. As a result, Doremi would often push her away- possibly being one of the reasons for Pop's original resentment.
Doremi and Hazuki are shown to be lifelong friends ever since childhood. The two's personalities often support one another as Doremi acts as encouragement for Hazuki and Hazuki acts as a voice of reason for Doremi. Doremi takes Hazuki's advice to heart, rarely ignoring it.
Like the other Ojamajos, Doremi finds Hazuki's enjoyment of "cold" jokes to be odd. She can also underestimate her shyness and social anxiety in some cases. However, Doremi rarely tries to leave her when she is feeling confused about a situation.
Although the two have a great bond, they have fought in the past before. Back when they were in kindergarten, the two's relationship came to a close after Hazuki found out that Doremi kept the pet rabbit's death a secret from her. They had another fight like this in Episode 19 of Sharp where Doremi got mad at Hazuki for nitpicking her skills as a mother.
In Aiko's introductory episode, Doremi originally hated Aiko's uncooth nature and her unfiltered comments about people. However, after Doremi accidentally visited Aiko's house and met her father, the two became friends.
Like Hazuki, Aiko acts as Doremi's voice of reason. However, she's more empathetic than Hazuki is. Because of this, she's usually the one who will calm or persuade Doremi to reconsider her actions. Whenever Doremi gets into a big fight, Aiko is usually there to pacify her.
Despite Onpu being antagonistic at first, Doremi was very affectionate around her and found her to be really cute. Doremi cares deeply for Onpu and saw good in her, and was delighted when Onpu officially joined them. At times she can act dependantly around her.
After being put in the same class and realizing how much they have in common, Doremi quickly befriended Momoko when she got off on the wrong foot with the others.
Out of all of the Ojamajos, Hana finds Doremi to be her "main mother". As a baby, Hana spent most of her time in Doremi's care. As such, Doremi is very sensitive about Hana's wellbeing and can let her concerns for her get in the way of some relationships.
Her anxiety over Hana can lead her to make very brash decisions. When Hana was slightly overweight as a baby, she tried to force her into a diet in fear of failing an exam.
It is noted that this sort of decision making is due to Doremi's immaturity as a child as she soon learns how to take care of Hana as the show progresses. Doremi makes sure to take care of Hana as best as she can, which is why she opted to never use magic to take care of Hana. Although witches like Mota and Motamota often use magic to take care of their babies, they never criticize Doremi's choice.
Doremi's classmate for six years. They have a poor relationship and he is shown to often provoke and rile her up for no reason other than to see her respond; usually through violence. Kotake calls her "Dojimi"— a pun on her name and the Japanese word for clumsy. However, she comes to see him as a friend, and she enjoys knowing he is okay. Eventually, she gained feelings for him.
Another classmate Doremi is unable to get along with due to her arrogant and spoiled nature. Despite this, Doremi also cares about her safety and happiness and she will do what she can to help her. Later in the series they eventually gain mutual respect for each other and begin to get along.
Doremi is envious of Pop's maturity, which often leads to the two arguing among each other. This leads to Doremi often teasing or trying to belittle Pop due to her age. Doremi also takes pride in being able to due things that Pop is unable to due to her age (most notable of which is being able to stay up to take the Witch Apprentice exams).
Although the two often fight with each other, Doremi does respect Pop as a little sister and tries to protect her. This is shown in some episodes of the series and it's focused on in Ojamajo Doremi Sharp: The Movie. In the movie, Doremi's guilt towards her hostility at Pop for letting Hana into the Witch World leads her to reconcile with her. In Episode 37 of Sharp, she tells Mota and Motamota to "take it easy" on Pop due to her age and constantly checks on her.
In that same episode, it was revealed that Doremi used to sing Pop lullabies when she was an infant.
Doremi is romantically interested in Akatsuki and does not shy away from showing it. This interest with him is usually to her detriment as she unwillingly falls into victim into the FLAT 4's plans to steal Hana. Another thing to note about her relationship with Akatuski is that she is the only Ojamajo who is romantically interested in another FLAT 4 member. This is usually played for laughs like how Doremi's other simpleminded antics are.
In Magical DoReMi, Doremi has been renamed "Dorie Goodwyn". While Doremi was emotional, Dorie is shown to yell a lot, and rather then Doremi's catchphrase, she would often say she/they were "doomed" instead. At one point she also claimed to have a pet cat.
Visit this page for a full list of information.
- Otome wa Kyuu ni Tomarenai
- Kitto Chanto Onnanoko
- Ice Cream Child
- "Su" no Tsuku Koibito
- "The world's most miserable pretty girl has become the world's happiest pretty girl..."
- "Happy! Lucky! For all of you!" - ending quote for episode previews
- "I'm the misunderstood little girl in the whole wide world!"
Harukaze - Haru means spring and Kaze means breeze.
Doremi - from the first three notes of the solfège music scale (also meaning "won't tell")
- Doremi has 2 food-based running gags:
- She often misses out on eating steak.
- When Doremi has ice cream something ruins it.
- She has failed to transform twice. Once at the very beginning of the series, and in Ojamajo Doremi 16.
- Her shorts have been incorrectly colored vibrant pink on merchandise.
- Doremi's hair and theme color are interchangable with Pop's. She has red hair and a pink theme, while Pop has pink hair and a red theme.
- Out of everyone, Doremi has made the most comedic facial expressions series.
- Doremi's hair has been seen loose four times:
- After taking a bath in an episode of Sharp.
- The force of her crystal ball shattering caused it to come loose in the final episode of Sharp.
- Her adult transformation in Naisho.
- When she transformed into the Goddess of the Fountain.
- Doremi is the oldest in the group.
- When Momoko's appearance, she is the second oldest.
- Doremi was the one to give Hana her scrunchies in Dokkan.
- Doremi is the only girl in the group to have a sibling.
- In Doremi 16, this is no longer the case when they discover Hana has a twin sister.
- In one TCG Card, Doremi cosplayed as Luffy, the main character of One Piece.
- In an episode of Inuyasha, a girl cosplaying as Doremi can be seen with a boy cosplaying Luffy.
- The original group transformation in Season 1 had a consistant error with Doremi. Whenever the girls posed her tap would lose detail.
- During a live stream on Niconico hosted by Hiromi Seki in September 2016, Hiromi revealed that Doremi's love for steak was inspired by Takashi Yamada's daughter's tastes as a child.
- During production, Doremi was originally planned to be named Onpu, and her name originally belonged to Pop. However, due to trademark issues, her name became Doremi, and Onpu went on to become a rival character. 
- Yoshihiko Umakoshi Toei Animation Works p.160